Jump to navigation Jump to search
Updating multiple Dynamic DNS domain names using ddclient on Linux in conjunction with dnsomatic.com
- Set up an account at dnsomatic.com (or another "what is my IP address" service).
- Point ddclient at the "what is my IP address" service.
- Note that dnsomatic_user and dnsomatic_password are allowed to be a valid OpenDNS authentication login and password.
- Service Notes
- The User ID IS NOT an e-mail address with domain. The @domain portion of the account e-mail address is not entered.
- The Host/Identifier is the full domain to update.
- Start the ddclient.
- # service ddclient restart
- If services at dnsomatic.com do not get updates, it might be necessary to wipe the ddclient.cache file and restart ddclient.