Add User With scoadmin
For help navigating within the scoadmin utility, see the OS-SCO-Admin-scoadmin page.
A typical user on this system might be added as follows:
- SCOadmin on hostname
- Account Manager
- Account Manager on csdiloan
- Add New User...
- hostname: Add New User
- The format of a Login_name varies according to local site or system practices. On a system with a high user count, it may be helpful to adopt a format that can uniformly accommodate name collisions.
- User ID
- Usually the auto-selected UID is acceptable. Some administrators may to issue UIDs in numeric ranges to collate users in some way (i.e. administrator, non-administrator, etc.), but using Login Group is most common.
- Firstname Lastname
- For special purpose accounts, consider adding a annotation like (admin), or another suitable string.
- For shared accounts, it can be helpful to briefly summarize the purpose of the account.
- <*> Set password now
- Login Shell
- Networked Via
- Home Directory
- Login Group
- A group that created files are assigned by default when other influences are not present.
[ OK ]
- hostname: Set Password: Login_name
<*> Enter a new password
- Enter Password
- Confirm Password
[x] Force password change at next login
- [ OK ]