Canon MG-6120 GNU/Linux Printer Driver
- Does not provide GNU/Linux drivers.
- The PIXMA MG6120 Drivers And Software page reports There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver. Refer to our FAQ section for connectivity issues.
- Provides a GNU/Linux driver for this printer.
- The Download product drivers ... support & services page may be used to divulge a PIXMA MG6150 Downloads link.
- Use MG6150 even if you have an older model in the MG61xx lineup.
- Under Select OS, click the Linux link.
- At the time of this writing, a driver successfully used on Mageia 1 and Mandriva 2010.2 was found listed at MG6100 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.40 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
- A Debian-based package is available.
- A source tarball is available.
MG6100 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.40 for Linux (rpm Package archive) Installation
Though I had to use the Canon driver from some older systems, after playing around with the Gutenprint Driver, I found out that while the default settings do not work, the driver that comes with Mageia 2 is probably better than the Canon driver. For details on how an MG6120 was set up on a 64-bit Mageia 2 system, see:
For access to information about the printer' network and printer configuration, use a web browser to view the printer web-based interface at http://localhost:631/
The printer supports LPR/LPD printing.