Index to SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 sub-topics
- 1 External Links
- 2 Internal Links
- 3 Usage Tips
- 4 Skunkware
- 5 Open Source for OpenServer 5.0.7
- 6 Administration
- 7 Information
Offers documentation on issues and workarounds for deviations between SCO and Linux.
A sub-topic page that addresses security matters involving SCO OpenServer systems.
Linux / *NIX Compatibility
- OS-SCO-Linux on this wiki offers workarounds for deviations between SCO and Linux.
- Rosetta Stone for Unix
- Switch between multiple console sessions.
Utility to allow running linux binaries under SCO, but initial testing has been disappointing. Unsurprisingly, appears to hang on 64-bit binaries. Even simple 32-bit linux binaries seem to blow up. Note "Q3.1: What if I find a Linux binary that lxrun doesn't support?" here:
SCO-provided open source resources for OpenServer 5.0.7 are very dated. This sub-topic page aims to share information about how more recent resources may be built for use on this old platform.
A SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 sub-topic page covering a range of system administration topics like:
- Layout of filesystem
hw -vis much more informative
- Motherboard identification is possible, though it can take effort to differentiate it from chipset identifiers.
- Generate report on system configuration for diagnostic use
- Uses sockinfo, ss, lsof, memhog, cpuhog, and iohog if available in /usr/local/bin.
Identify installed software and components
Query system contents database; list file status; list software modifications
- Can help determine which Maintenance Pack is installed. For example:
customquery swconfig | grep Maint
- SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.7 Maintenance Pack 5 1.0.0Mc partially installed
swconfig -Ponly displays applied patches.